Classes are taught at Mountain Spirit, in the yurt on my land and in the fields around the area. At the end of each course there is a certificate of completion; this has been used in the local high school for class credits and also some colleges.
BEGINNING HERBAL APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
- Mountain Spirit Presents:
- BEGINNING HERBAL APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM.
- Class starts September 20, 2023, till March 20,2024
- We meet each Wednesday 10:00 am -12:30 pm
- $50 nonrefundable deposit is required at sign-up.
- Some work trade available contact Denise, 2 spaces open. Must prove need.
- Basic Herbal Remedy Making
- Food Herbs for Prevention of Illness
- Growing and Cultivation of Herbs in the Pacific Northwest
- Women’s Herbs from Menstruation through Menopause
- Male Herbs
- Basic Herbal First Aid Kits—personalized for your family’s needs
- After completing this course, you will have a basic understanding of using herbs for your health and body’s needs, and herbal remedies of basic ailments for yourself and family members.
There will be hands-on projects such as making salves, creams, tinctures, soap and more. Harvesting gardens, such as Hawthorn berries and elecampane. Also planting herbs. There will be homework of 6 to 8 herbs a week followed by question-and-answer time, and a review of each week’s herbal homework.
- Fees are $60 per class. $1,200. Per season $450. Per trimester every 8 classes.
- High school students attend for free (2 spaces per year) serious students only.
- Class size limit is 12.
- Register at the Port Townsend Farmer’s Market at Mountain Spirit booth,
- Phone: 360-385-4491, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Web page.
- Teacher: Denise Joy is a fourth-generation herbalist whose education was begun by her great-grandmother at age 8. For over 37 years she has owned and operated Mountain Spirit Herbals, and makes, grows, and wild crafts much of the herbs.